Friday, August 27, 2010

Reentry into life!...

This morning was a bit of a learning experience for me. It was the first day of reentering into a life of having parents. You see, they have been gone for almost two weeks and I've totally become independent and my own woman. So you can only imagine what sort of fire works happened! :( The main thing that happened was that I failed to communicate what I was planning to do this morning so school was thrown off. So because of that, everybody got irritated and frustrated and fried...mainly me. I didn't know what to do with myself so I went into the kitchen and made some more of that homemade salsa. It wasn't until I was done that I was cooled off and everything seemed to be normal again. It is funny because I realized that that is what I do when I'm uptight or stressed...I cook. Isn't that funny? That is totally not me, it's my sister. It's weird because once I make one thing, I usually can't stop there, so I took a carrot cake recipe my sister showed me last night and made them into muffins. Everybody loves them! They're already almost gone and it hasn't even been 12hrs! (i only used 1/4 the sugar too!) I would love to put the recipe up here for all of you to try but I'll have to check with my sister to see if she wants to put the recipe on her blog since it is her recipe. :( If she wants to use it I will put a link on my blog for you. So today was a very good day actually, despite how terrible I may have made it sound. My dad went shopping with me this afternoon so we could spend some time together so I guess that helped pull me back into the role of daughter-hood. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena