Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day eight in Hawaii!!! :) :) :)

We left the house today around 9:30am to go kayaking. We were going to go to a place where we could rent kayaks but it was about $80 a kayak! We didn't really feel like spending that kind of money, especially when we don't have it. So Marshall hooked up with a friend who owned three kayaks, two double and one single, and we borrowed his. Micaiah and I shared one while my parents had one and Marshall had his own. We left around 10am and didn't get home until 2pm...high tide! :) We kayaked out to a little island called Chinaman's Hat where we swam, bobbed in the waves, hiked and burned!! :) As tragic as it may seem, I couldn't bring my camera because it would've got soaked! :( :( Instead though, I brought a disposable underwater camera that I had bought a couple days ago!! :) I only could take 27 pictures though so I had to be picky. I'm used to just snapping away at anything and deleting them if they're bad. I won't be able to develop the pictures until I get home...I hate waiting!! :( I think I got some pretty neat ones though. One picture was of Micaiah and Marshall standing on some volcanic rock with a wave splashing over them. The waves were really high today and kept hitting us as we walked around the island. It was really fun! At some points as we walked, the path disappeared so we had to make up our own path along the rocky, steep side of the island. :) That was fun too! Very adventurous!! :) After hiking around the island, Micaiah and I put on some of Marshall's tanning lotion and fell asleep in the sun...baking! Wow does that stuff work!! I'm very, very tan/red right now! :) :( All the freckles that were ever on my face and some that wished they were have surfaced and made my face all freckly! :( That is the part I don't like. :(

Here is a picture of Chinaman's Hat that I took a couple days ago...it is on the left.
We didn't paddle out to it at first. We started paddling parallel to the shore of Oahu until we came to it. Then it was kind of rough getting to the shore amidst all the waves! :)



After the kayaking, we went back to Marshall's and just relaxed and ordered pizza for dinner. :)

 Micaiah's spider bite has turned into a boil and it is very painful for him. My mom put more plantain on it with basil and castro oil. It hurt him but when we went kayaking he got distracted and had loads of fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena