Friday, December 11, 2009

Day nine in Hawaii!!! :( :( :(

Today was another one of those lazy/re cooperate days. Yesterday pretty much wore all of us out! :) I've been applying aloe gel on my face like every couple hours. :( I woke up this morning to make breakfast and looked in the mirror and my face was swollen and really, I mean really, red! :( :( It hurt pretty bad last night too. If I didn't stay in one spot my arms, legs and face would ache. :( My arms and legs aren't as bad as my face although they do hurt. I've never seen my nose this bad before! :( I can only just pray that is doesn't peel really bad! With my luck though, it'll be peeling for the Christmas program when I go back to the village. :( :(
So, while I was watching Aika this morning, Marshall took my mom on a horse back ride. They had loads of fun and went from Kaaawa, Brody's valley into Hakipu'u, Marshall's valley. When they got into Marshall's valley, they called for me and I went out to get a picture of them...




They left after that and went to herd some cattle back into their pasture. I went back inside with Aika, my dad and Mic. We got a call about 15-20 minutes later from Marshall saying that my mom had fallen off the horse. Apparently, she was fixing to get down and the horse kind of bucked sending her over the horses head! She landed on her side and we think she broke a couple ribs. Marshall's roommate took my dad to the farm where my mom was and from there he called an ambulance. She was taken to the hospital along with my dad. They are there right now. She should be fine as far as we know. They are just going to do a couple x-rays to see what exactly is wrong. Please pray for her!!
That's all I know right now. I'll update this later if I find anything else out.


5:00pm--Just heard from my dad that him and my mom will be staying overnight in the hospital. They did a CT scan on her and found that her lung was punctured a little from the fall and that her ribs are little bit fractured but not broken. It isn't too bad from what I've heard. Keep praying though. She's still in a lot of pain.


7:00pm--Just got off the phone with my dad. He was using a pay phone because his cell had died. He said that just my mom was staying over night so they could keep an eye on her to watch her breathing. Something like if she didn't breath evenly she might catch pneumonia. My dad is going to catch a ride home with Marshall later on tonight. Right now Marshall is at a Christmas party at the ranch. That's it for right now.


9:20pm--Heard from dad again. Mom threw up a little but they think it is because of the pain medications they are giving her. Dad is still there with her. Dad says that when he goes back tomorrow morning Mic and I can go with him to see her. :) She's been gone all day. I only saw her this morning a little at breakfast then when I took her picture on the horse.
Micaiah's boil is still trying to come to a head where it will pop. It is still causing him pain. I just got done changing his bandage. It looks pretty bad. I took a picture of it to show mom when she comes back tomorrow but I don't know if I want to post it. It doesn't look good at all. :(

1 comment:

 
Designed by Lena