Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day seven in Hawaii!!! :) :) :)

We didn't have a plan made up for today last night, so it took us forever and a day to get out the door and find out where we wanted to go this morning. :( When we finally made our plans, it was 9:30am...late! We all piled in Marshall's little two door Scion car and drove towards the North shore. We were going to go to Haleiwa which is a little town where we could do more shopping then find a nice place to swim, but we got stuck in traffic! Apparently there was an accident at the end of a bridge on a mountain road and they weren't letting anybody through, and it was going to be like four hours before they did too. That was crazy so we turned around and stopped at different famous surfing spots along the North shore and watched the big waves. It was incredible!!










There was a competition going on at a place on the North shore called pipeline...




We found a nice little place to stop and get out and swim...mostly just lay on the beach though. :) The bummer thing about the beach was I lost my sunglasses there! :( I hooked them on my camera bag and they fell off when I bent down to take a picture. I didn't notice until we got back in the car and the waves had already hit up against the shore many times and swept them out to sea. :( :(








The flowers here are beyond amazing!!!! :)








The moon here right now is weird. I never see it at night, only during the day...





After a long day of cruising, we went over to Brody and Saki's for a dinner of tacos and pumpkin cheesecake! :) We had loads of fun there telling stories of when Brody and Marshall were kids. We were all dying of laughter!! :) After the fun and games, we took some pictures...these are for you Ari and Rushi. :)






















The pumpkin cheesecake


Their Christmas tree. :) I told them that if I lived in Hawaii I would decorate a palm tree for Christmas...they're a whole ton cheaper!! :)



Aika... :) :)



After we left Brody's Marshall took me into Waikiki to Wal-Mart so I could finish up my shopping. It was loads of fun...if you know Marshall! :) From there we stopped by his work to check his schedule then went home.

Micaiah is doing better. His arm where he got bitten is still very sore!! We ended up finding some plantain leaves on the side of the road today so my mom made a poultice out of them and put it on his arm.

1 comment:

  1. Great Pictures...it was nice to see pictures of Brody and Saki. :) We miss you guys a lot and can't wait for you to finally get back home!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena