Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day thirteen in Hawaii!!! (we miss u auntie ariel!!)

Another day in Hawaii...same old same old, except today was actually a good day! :) :)
My mom decided to see how long she could go without taking any pain medications. The last time she took them was at six this morning. She is in pain only when she moves. She started walking and doing everything else on her own today, only she still needs help getting in and out of bed. She is trying to make goals for the day so we can get home sooner. She fulfilled her goal for today! Her next goal is to be able to sit down for a long time since she is going to be sitting for ten hours in the plane. She didn't sleep as much today as yesterday probably because of the meds. Pretty much all in all she's doing much better.
My day was pretty busy today. It started out good! Basically I cleaned the house, helped my mom when she needed me, helped Marshall, made the meals, did the dishes, took a little walk around the house, and watched Aika for about five and a half hours. :) Marshall came home about ten thirty this morning with a cut on his head. He had been putting in fence posts across the street and somehow managed to get hurt. It wasn't bad though. Not a big gash or cut. It was like he took off a couple layers of skin in a roughly one inch by one inch square on top of his head. I cleaned it up and put some salve on it then he rested for a couple hours. He is fine now. He actually is on a date right now. :) My mom tried to convince him to bring her back to the house to meet us but Marshall wasn't too keen on the idea...go figure. :) So I've been very busy doing just about everything around here. :) It's actually been great because the busier I am the less time I have to think about how bored I am and how much I miss everyone! :)
Today I've had my hands quite full. Aika is a high maintenance kid! She is always looking for something to do and if you don't provide anything for her she will literally turn your house inside out! Between throwing everything on the floor, chasing the cats, spreading crumbs around the house and trying to get on the computer she always has me on my toes!!! :) It is  hard to watch her when I can't take her outside really and when there are no toys in the house. I have to stay in or right by the house so if my mom needs me, I'm just a holler away. :) Today I did take Aika on a little walk, although I did all the walking, behind the house to a hill and then to the gate out front and back to the house. It was hot and the sun was shining all his rays on us! I was sweating after that short ten minute walk. Aika ended up falling asleep half way through and then slept for almost two hours on the couch. I absolutely love watching Aika!! I think tomorrow Saki is going to bring her over for a little bit too!! :)
I heard from Ayala yesterday that when Micaiah got back to Memphis he slept for like twelve hours then when he got up the next morning, he came out of his room in his swim shorts!! :) It was around thirty degrees outside too!! He was so used to just wearing swim clothes all day in Hawaii!!! My dad and Mic were really in shock after being used to the high seventy weather of Hawaii and going into the low thirty degrees. That's one thing I'm not looking forward to... :(
Hopefully my mom will be able to fly home in a couple days!! Please pray for her!
Well, I have to go for now. I miss you all soooo much!! :(


1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! Sorry I have not written you. I have missed you like crazy! Truly! I hope recovery is going smooth with your Mom. Hope you come home real soon. And the pictures you took are awesome! You should make postcards or just note cards out of some of the scenery photos. Love you! Can't wait til you are home.Tell your mom I said to hurry and get better :) Love, -Lanna

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena